Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Patrick Swayze And The Iconic Moments of Hollywood


Many women in my age, maybe also who are older, would agree that their Adonis during the 80s had been Patrick Swayze. His dance moves in Dirty Dancing did give many women the almost heart-attacks. His filmography may not be that long and full of well-remembered roles, or he may not have a huge list of awards, and yet, he grabbed a slice of history as Orry Main in North and South, Johnny Castle in Dirty Dancing or the iconic pottery making scene with Demi Moore in Ghost. The 90s' crush on the incredibly untalented Keanu Reeves overshadowed Swayze's rebellious success as Bodhi a bit, nonetheless, he did get a nomination for Most Desirable Male in MTV Movie Awards that year.

Well, enough with the widely known information that you can find anywhere. What I feel, on the other hand, is that another personal idol, another part of my past, my childhood, is gone, and at such a young age. I am afraid that by the time I have children and I tell them about my past, there will have remained no other witnesses or no examples. Whenever there was a movie of an old Hollywood star on TV, my mother used to start telling all about those great actors and actresses she was in love with, that helped shape up her youth, and there were all dead - to me. And now, it is about to happen - to me.








No comments:

Post a Comment